Are you ready to take responsibility for your data? SO Connect allows you to unlock your visitor data. When staying within the dashboard, we are responsible for managing your data and security. However, when you choose to download your historical visitor data, it's up to you to make sure to protect it and use it in accordance with all applicable regulations regarding privacy, and more specifically GDPR.
As of May 25, 2018, and in line with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law, we are responsible for protecting user data to the best of our ability. We have therefore disabled the function which allows you to access individual user data and download historical user data until ticking the boxes. To unlock this feature, we require an additional confirmation that you will comply with the GDPR. To unlock access to user data, you are asked to tick the following boxes:
- I will take on the responsibility of data controller as set forth in the GDPR
- I have implemented adequate safeguards, including technical and organizational security measures
- I will provide individuals with enforceable rights and effective legal remedies
- I do not represent an entity registered outside the Europe with SO Connect locations within Europe
- I will only use the user data for the purpose for which the user has provided consent, namely (direct) marketing
- I will not transfer or resell the user data to and third parties
- I am legally permitted to act on behalf of SO Connect’s client
Once you have read and agree with the statements above, you can export the data from a selected time period.
Note that as of the 25th of May, access to the visitor tab has been disabled for resellers. This decision comes forth from the need for data minimisation i.e. limiting access to data to only those that need to, as described in the GDPR. As a reseller, access to the end user data of your customers is not required as you are not allowed to pursue direct marketing or any type of usage of the data and therefor have no legally justified reason for access. If you believe your access to the visitor tab has unjustly been limited, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assess your request on a case-by-case basis.