There are many reasons why replying to reviews is so important. For one, your guest feels heard and their opinion respected. What many people don't know is that your involvement is rewarded by review sites with a better ranking.
Why is responding important for business owners?
- You take control of the online conversation
- Ignoring a negative review leaves it open for interpretation.
- Viewers see the way you react on reviews, and it does have an impact
- Responding improves loyalty to your business
- Additional ”Brand touch point” where you show the nature of your business
- Google will improve your SEO based on the percentage of reviews you have answered
Responding to reviews helps increase your overall rating on review sites by up to 1 point.
Thank your customers for their response
Saying thank you indicates that you appreciate the effort that the guest has put into writing the review. It encourages other guests to write a positive review as well.
Ask where you can improve
Are you open to improve the overall quality of your business and customer experience? Then ask your customers which components could be improved.
Repeat the positive points your guest mentions
Figure out what the customer found most important about their experience, and recall it in your response. It will emphasise that you listened to the guest, and adds more positive content to your review page.
Share feedback with your team and keep on motivating
Continue to motivate your team to continue to provide the high quality experience your customers hope to get from you at all times. Keep morale high and encourage your team by showing that their performance is appreciated.