If the WiFi signal at a given location isn't powerful enough, we encourage the usage of a WiFi extender. Wi-Fi extenders improve the coverage area of your router, and in some cases, they can provide additional Wi-Fi access points.
1. Find a good place for the Extender.
- Make sure that in the chosen location, the SO WIFI Hotspot signal is weaker but still receivable.
- Make sure that this location is no more than 10 meters away from your SO WIFI Hotspot and has a power-outlet.
2. Connect plugs.
Plug in the Extender using the power-adapter, and make sure that the Extender is turned on, by checking the ‘Power’ light on the front and the ‘On/Off’ button at the backside of the Hotspot.
3. Let the device start-up.
- Sit back and relax, until the two "USB" lights and the 'Lock light" light up.
- This process may take up to 15 minutes.
4. Testing the WiFi signal.
- Test the WiFi signal with one of your WiFi devices by connecting to the FREEWIFI network.
- You have now successfully installed your SO WIFI Extender.
Setup your SO WIFI Extender using a cable
To gain maximum results for your Extender, connect it directly to your SO WIFI Hotspot with a network cable. You can do this by using LAN port 1 or the WAN port of the Extender on the backside of your SO WIFI Hotspot. In case of a “DO NOT REMOVE” sticker, remove the sticker to gain access to the LAN ports. No product guarantees will be voided by this process. For help and questions please contact the SO WIFI Support team.
Read more: Installing your router in 5 simple steps